Monday, February 8, 2010

A quick thought, cause "blog posts" aren't SUPPOSED to be long-winded

Looking For A Blogger To Blog About Blogging About Blogging.

Sure, I have a WEBlog (I still hate the way "blog" sounds, tastes, or looks on the screen), but I never post. If anything, I use this as merely as a place to collect my most recently published works on the internet and place to put anything I write that doesn't really have a home. Yet, as I continue to try to adapt the way I use the internet to find markets for my work, I see many ads looking for Bloggers and at least a quarter of them are looking for folks to write weblogs about the act of writing a weblog. Not only is it masturbatory, but I feel that the weblog is perhaps the main reason that 2000 words for a small magazine (or a website) is worth about 35%-75% LESS than it was ten years ago. By brandishing writers with this silly-sounding name and urging them to publish quantity over quality, the market was flooded and our product de-valued.

Maybe everyone has realized this long ago and I just had my fingers in my ears as I sang "I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More," at the top of my lungs. It is one of those principle-versus-reality arguments that leave me wondering in what direction I should take my "career" and if there is any destinations left at all.

Blogged it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Last Rube The Last Rube The Last Rube The Last Roob The Last Rub The Last Rube Web Statistics